587,535 active members*
3,365 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > 2D Contouring Lead-in / Lead-out issues

2D Contouring Lead-in / Lead-out issues

This is with SC8, but I've seen this on 7 as well. I'm hoping someone else can point out something I'm missing here or some slick way around this.

It seems that when lead-in / lead-out are turned on, SprutCAM sometimes only generates code for the leads, and not the remainder of the curve!

Example: This is a fixture plate. You can see from the screen shots that without leads, it generates good paths, but with leads they are wrong. I attached the project for what it's worth. [Or I would if the forum would actually let me post it without throwing an error ... :-( ]

Any input appreciated.
    David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BadContourWithLeadIn.jpg   GoodContourWithNoLeadIn.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RndmNmbr View Post
    This is with SC8, but I've seen this on 7 as well. I'm hoping someone else can point out something I'm missing here or some slick way around this.

It seems that when lead-in / lead-out are turned on, SprutCAM sometimes only generates code for the leads, and not the remainder of the curve!

Example: This is a fixture plate. You can see from the screen shots that without leads, it generates good paths, but with leads they are wrong. I attached the project for what it's worth. [Or I would if the forum would actually let me post it without throwing an error ... :-( ]

Any input appreciated.
    David
    Hello David.
    Could you please attach the project? We will check it. Could you also tell, what version do you use? You can find it in the about window.

Here's the project. It seems CNC zone will let me post it today!

The software is build 0.2, rev 60131 (see attached.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sc8Version.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's the project. It seems CNC zone will let me post it today!

The software is build 0.2, rev 60131 (see attached.)
    I downloaded the .zip file but it doesnt open in my sprut 7, I have had problems with 2d conturing cutting text and not selecting all of the curves at times, the later versions seem to work ok though.
    mike sr

Any input appreciated.
    David
    I too have seen this in SC7. Is your circle a single curve, or a chain? My circle was in 2 halves, and it only machined 1/2 curves when using any type of lead in/out.

Very interested in the fix