587,446 active members*
3,009 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Homemade Router nearly complete...

Hi All,

I have nearly completed my (mostly) homemade router/mill. The Y axis was given to me by a co-worker and was made by Linitech (very nice). The table size is 19.5" X 25" and the usable size is about 15" X 20".

The X and Z drives use surplus screws and zero backlash plastic nuts. All steppers are surplus Pac Sci 8 wire units which seem to work very well. The drivers are Geckos (awesome) which are controlled by Mach 3 (again, awesome!)

I still need to replace the temporary MDF table top with some Aluminum plate, but other that that it's about done.

So far about all I have done with it other than the ubiquitous Roadrunner file is the Puppies done in brass with Photo V Carve from Vectric (you guessed it, another awesome product).

Today I bought some acrylic to try my first Lithophane which I hope will turn out OK too.

Hopefully photos to follow:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Router Small.jpg   CNC Router 2 Small.jpg   CNC Router Z Axis Small.jpg   CNC Router Z Drive2 Small.jpg  

Puppies Small.jpg  

Looks nice from what I can tell. Pics are a bit small to see much detail. What oz/in are your steppers? About the "ubiquitous Roadrunner file". Got a pic and any G-Code for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rance
    About the "ubiquitous Roadrunner file". Got a pic and any G-Code for that?
    I'm pretty sure that the "ubiquitous Roadrunner file" is one of the sample g-code files that comes with Mach2 and Mach3. If your running either one take a look in the install directory for Mach and see if you can find it.

HayTay
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!