587,472 active members*
3,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Homing Mach3

Homing Mach3

Hi everybody. I have a question this pop up message i keep getting in Mach3.Limit switch triggered or Home axis home switch active. I checked out the limit switch it is working well.Only the X not get Home or move to way --- only to +++. The machine was working well for 2 years what I did I cleaned the conntroller box with compressed air.I can not see any broken part in the controller box. Anyone any idea.Thanks.
    omboli

I've had similar issues when running, which I've put down to electrical noise from my spindle drive. So I only use the switches now for the initial homing (when the spindle is not running, then rely on the soft switch settings to keep me safe.

Put a 0.1uF capacitor (100n) from the homing lines to ground, near the BOB, to the BOB ground.
    You might set the debounce value to 250 in the config page.
    If you can repeat your problem, reliably, then set a large value like 10000, then start halving it until the problem occurs. That will get you close to a usable figure.

Make sure you don't use common wires for power and limit switches at the switch end.
    It is not SMART to save a few wires, or use shields as common signal returns.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Hello!! I would like to know it is could be the controller because it is still on Waranty.The Z and Y axis are working properly.I tried to connect the Z and Y axis to the X jack to try are they working there or not and I got the same problem, Requested home axis home switch active Please fix then Home.It is means for me the controller is the problem but i am not sure.Thanks for help Omboli