588,383 active members*
5,124 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > HAAS TM-1P Tool Changer Problems

HAAS TM-1P Tool Changer Problems

Hey Guys,

I have a 2007 HAAS TM-1P milling machine. Recently the tool changer stopped working.

This is what happened:
    - machine alarmed out with a 115 Turret Rotate Fault
    - I did a recovery on the tool changer and it tried and almost finished a tool change but the turret was rotating slowly, kind of hesitating, if you know what I mean. After a few more tries it stopped moving all together and just alarms out.

I pulled the turret motor, had a look, cleaned the brushes, blew out the motor, reassembled and tested. Its a 90V DC motor and although I only have a 30V DC PSU, with 30V it spins the turret smoothly and quietly at 0.1A. Although this is an old machine, it only has about 2000 hrs of cutting time (mostly plastics) and is in like new condition. Well, except the tool changer...

I checked the 4 relays on the IO PCB as well as the F1 fuse on the PSU boards. All good.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

Re: HAAS TM-1P Tool Changer Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Hierundheute View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have a 2007 HAAS TM-1P milling machine. Recently the tool changer stopped working.

This is what happened:
    - I did a recovery on the tool changer and it tried and almost finished a tool change but the turret was rotating slowly, kind of hesitating, if you know what I mean. After a few more tries it stopped moving all together and just alarms out.

I pulled the turret motor, had a look, cleaned the brushes, blew out the motor, reassembled and tested. Its a 90V DC motor and although I only have a 30V DC PSU, with 30V it spins the turret smoothly and quietly at 0.1A. Although this is an old machine, it only has about 2000 hrs of cutting time (mostly plastics) and is in like new condition. Well, except the tool changer...

I checked the 4 relays on the IO PCB as well as the F1 fuse on the PSU boards. All good.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Wes
    From the description the turret seems stuck for the mechanical parts.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Re: HAAS TM-1P Tool Changer Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Hierundheute View Post
    Hey Guys,

This is what happened:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Wes
    Check the brushes in the motor. I had about the same thing happen to mine, a brush was sticky in the holder. Just sanded it down to fit properly
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA