588,525 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machinery Manual, Brochure / Photo Archives > Machinery Manuals / Brochures > Need help with ports & pins settings chinese hy-6040 cnc running mach 3

Need help with ports & pins settings chinese hy-6040 cnc running mach 3

Hi everyone, here's the nitty gritty. I inhereted a hy-6040 5- axis cnc from my late grandfather 2 years ago. I didn't have the time to learn to work the cnc till now. last weekend the machine was working just fine. Then my computer crashed. Now cnc doesn't even move a millimeter on all three axis x,y,and z. that makes my believe that its a ports and pins setting issue. To make matters worst I noticed yesterday the two of my limit switches have broken off. one x-axis, one y-axis. My first question is could a cnc even run with out a limit switch in the first place? I do know mach 3 has a limit switch over-ride. The reason I'm asking quite possibly the limit switch tripped before breaking off triggering and emergency stop. I still believe its a port a pins issue and want to diagnose that first before moving on, sadly the machine came to me with zero paperwork. Is it possible anyone can walk through the ports and pins settings on mach 3 just by seeing which switches are in the on postion on top of the controller board?

Re: Need help with ports & pins settings chinese hy-6040 cnc running mach 3

You have to replace the limit switches the software is design to lock up the machine if any limit switch is tripped