588,395 active members*
5,352 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc iHMI tool length measuring procedure

Fanuc iHMI tool length measuring procedure

Hi,
    I got a new milling machine with Fanuc 0i MF Plus, iHMI operating system, and have some problems with it. I can't measure tool length offset right maybe somebody can help me explaining how? I am trying to measure two different tools using same procedure (using tool zero setter placed on table and moving each tool nose to the same height). and then with one of these two tools I measure workpiece Z height. After that, I checked with each tool workpiece height (G43 H01 Z0 and G43 H02 Z0)and got that tool which I was using for workpiece height measurement is in the correct position Z0 and the second (which tool length was measured in the same way) is about 80mm above my workpiece. And I don't understand what I am doing wrong. maybe somebody could help me? thank you.

Re: Fanuc iHMI tool length measuring procedure

Z height is the distamce between the zero machine to the face of the workpiece and that must be inserted in G54 as far as i know
    Can be measured with a tool you know the lenght or with a tester
    after you set the Z 0 in the G54 table,you can measure the tool with the tool setter and check by G43 H1 ,H2 etc but you need to call the G54 before

Re: Fanuc iHMI tool length measuring procedure

Quote Originally Posted by corvuscorax4 View Post
    Hi,
    I got a new milling machine with Fanuc 0i MF Plus, iHMI operating system, and have some problems with it. I can't measure tool length offset right maybe somebody can help me explaining how? I am trying to measure two different tools using same procedure (using tool zero setter placed on table and moving each tool nose to the same height). and then with one of these two tools I measure workpiece Z height. After that, I checked with each tool workpiece height (G43 H01 Z0 and G43 H02 Z0)and got that tool which I was using for workpiece height measurement is in the correct position Z0 and the second (which tool length was measured in the same way) is about 80mm above my workpiece. And I don't understand what I am doing wrong. maybe somebody could help me? thank you.

Hlo sir

Contact me at [email protected] (+918168294379-whatsapp)