588,658 active members*
6,104 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Oi TA reverse backlash

As the title says. I have an issue of "reverse backlash".

I set my backlash comp to 0. I come positive to my clock gauge, in 1 mic, touch zero, then reverse direction.

The axis moves positive still for .060mm (60 micron) only then does it change direction and reverse.

My question is there a parameter or servo setting that can cause this. Or am I dealing with faulty hardware? I've swopped the axes on the control (JS1A and JS2A), the problem stays with the original axis.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Re: Fanuc Oi TA reverse backlash

Your procedure for backlash measurement may be in error

1st part is ok, wind in one direction to zero on indicator, set control to zero
    Now keep winding that same direction past indicator zero, then reverse direction to bring back to indicator zero.... backlash is what control difference from zero

If indicator reading keeps climbing after reversing direction, try looking to see if there is twisting (gib play etc.) or some other cause.

Re: Fanuc Oi TA reverse backlash

this is not the way backlash is checked
    the normal way is as follow
    go in one direction untill your dial is 0 or move the glass of the clock to read 0
    keep moving same direction with 0.1mm increment,not microns
    move the axis by 0.1 increment until dial read 20 microns or 0.2 mm in plus
    u will see the axis move corectly
    in this moment move back by same increment 0.1mm and the dial should go back reaching the 0 position on the clock
    if when moving back the dial is not reaching 0 and stay behind with 0.01 or 0.02 mm that is your backlash amount you have to enter in parameter 1851
    repeat the test untill when you move back and foward the axis the dial pass 0 position in both direction
    hope you understand the logic

as i know from practice the maximum value of a ballscre to be compensated is around 0.05-0.06mm,after that if you have more and try to compensate from 1851 you will have an over backlash
    good luck

I thought that is what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    move the axis by 0.1 increment until dial read 20 microns or 0.2 mm in plus
    PS... your scale is wrong, 0.2mm is 200 microns... (1000 micron = 1mm)