588,464 active members*
5,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Multi laser machine build

Hi all, I have a Chronosmaker board for a laser cutter I built. My questions are:
    Can any board run multiple lasers at the same time (think CNC drilling table with multiple heads). I want to run six or eight lasers at once to become more profitable and to reduce wear and tear on my machine.

Things I think will be an issue are

1. Do I need multiple boards or can one board run all of the heads whether it's one or six?

2. Will I need special software?

Can I solve this by providing the required power to the stepper motors and laser and use a single board to send instructions to the steppers?

Thanks.
    Mike

Re: Multi laser machine build

Consider the Monport laser for your setup—it's easy to use, high quality, and affordable. Check it out here. Regarding your questions, most standard boards control a single laser. For multiple lasers, you'll need either a specialized board or multiple boards. Special software is needed to manage multiple laser heads and handle synchronization and control to avoid interference. Using a single board for multiple heads requires one that supports multi-head control and can manage the combined power and control signals efficiently. https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3