587,255 active members*
3,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Novakon Visit

I visited Novakon’s warehouse last week and met with John, Tao and two of Novakon’s customers. I was impressed with novakon’s tooling and parts inventory and bought three milling machine vises, various milling bits, end mill grinder, keyless chuck, and other miscellaneous tooling.

I was also able to visit one of Novakon customer’s machine shops. This customer had two Novakon NM-200 CNC mills and a Novakon NL-150 lathe. It was obvious that he and I are happy and satisfied Novakon customers.

During my visit, I was able to watch the testing and final assembly of a Torus Pro with servo drives. I closely examined it, paying particular attention to the quality of the machine, the electrical control panel and its components. The Torus PRO was impressive with its high quality electrical panel, power, speed and accuracy. The servo motors purr like a cat and were lightning fast.

I am a satisfied owner of a Novakon NM-200 Series 2 CNC mill with the upgraded AC spindle motor. Never in my wildest dream could I have foreseen what happened after my visit to the Novakon warehouse -- I ordered a Novakon Torus Pro with the optional built in computer, Servo motors, and fourth axis.

I choose the Novakon NM-200 Torus Pro 2 as my next CNC mill for the following reasons:

Servo motors for the X, Y and Z axis

6000RPM AC Spindle Motor

Linear Z axis

Larger table size (40’ x 12”)

Superior X and Y travel (24” and 15”)

17.5" clearance between table top and spindle

Fifty percent larger XYZ machining work space envelope

Variable 150-6000 RPM spindle speeds available via Mach 3 with no belts change required

Computer built into the modular controller cabinet (the same as higher end CNC machines)

The largerXY Axis movement makes this machine hard to beat.

I was also very impressed with the servo version of the NM200 that day. That's probably a good thing as I've already ordered the servo upgrade kit for my mill. I heard you mention buying a few things while talking to John but didn't realise it was going to include another mill. It's nice to put a face to a name once in a while. Hope you enjoy the new mill.

Ray

Just curiosity, where is actually the Novakon factory?

Novakon's location

The machines are manufactured in China and shipped to the Novakon warehouse in Toronto, Canada where the electronics are added and the machines undergo final assembly and testing.

Almost all CNC machines in this price range are manufactured in China.

Suposed that, but seeing that the User Novakon was from Canada just felt curious.

Thanks!