Hi everyone,

This is my first time using this site, so let me begin by saying that if I am supposed to make this post somewhere else that is more appropriate, I apologize in advance.

I would like to use the Mach3 software, and I am trying to gather my basic hardware to do this. I do not have a really old computer that has a parallel port, so according to the Mach3 website I need to use an external motion device. I went on e-bay and came across a unit called "UC100 USB motion controller". I have a few questions/comments about using this:

(a) If I go with the UC100 USB motion controller, does this entirely eliminate the need for a parallel port?

(b) I know laptops are generally not recommended for CNC cutting, but I can adjust the power settings on mine so going into hibernate/sleep mode is not a real concern. My laptop is Windows 8 64-bit.... if I get the UC100, can I then use Mach3 on my laptop?

(c) Does the aforementioned present any problems if my goal is to use Mach3 for 4-axis CNC foam cutting?

(d) If I get a 4 Axis TB6560 CNC Stepper Motor Driver Board Controller, 4 stepper motors, the UC100, and download Mach3, can I run the unit off my laptop?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

William James