587,657 active members*
8,996 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need some advice

There is a Alliant B Type Mill w/ Crusader ll control , 2 HP Vari Axis Control listed on ebay that will go off tomorrow. I was thinking of bidding on it but was just wanting to get some opinions of that make. I'am green when it comes to a vertical mill and would really appreciate anyones advice.

Nobody here can help?

Out of this large group no one here has ever had any experience with these mills? I just don't want to spend a bunch of money and regret it later.

Gut Felling

Can you do a web search, and find out who made it and the cost of a new one and go from there, and then if you really need it, and if so, how much do you need it and go from there,

I think that there are people here that known some thing about it, but all, are like me and really do not want to give avise to some one they do not know and then it turns out that later on you fell like you made a bad deal.

Go with you gut felling, and best of luck to you.

Dan

Thanks for the answer, but so far I haven't been able to find out anything about alliant, I'am still working on it. I just don't want to buy something that parts are no longer avaiable for and when something breaks I'am stuck.

I'll take a look

If you would like, send me the link to the EBay site and I will take a look and tell you what I think, I buy tools from EBay from time to time, some deals are great, but as I told you before, always go with you gut felling.
    Dan

What I Would Do

There has not been any bids on this, if you will wait untill the time runs out, you can deal with her. I do not know much about that type of equipment, but if you need it and want it, call her now and start delling with her, remember, it has been in her barn for three years, so she is ready for several things, to get rid of it, and get some cash, If the people that told her what it was worth, thought it was such a great deal, they would buy it,

Again go with you gut fell, start out at 25 hundred if you want it, I hope you live close to her where you do not have to pay a lot to get it home if you buy it,

Good luck, and I am sorry I can not give you more help.

If you buy it, let me know how you come out.

Dan

Thanks for the help andI'll let you know how it turns out. I've already been in touch with her and plan to go over tomorow and either buy it or forget about it, will let ya know

Alliant mills are compatible with Sharp mills.
    [email protected]