587,714 active members*
5,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Spindle start after M00

I have a Momentum VTL with a 0itf control. The machine is 3 months old. When running a program and the machine reads a M05; M00, the machine will stop spindle and all axis. When Cycle Start is pushed it will start the spindle back up and continue on with the program. There is no second M03, M04 to start the spindle. Is there Fanuc parameters to control this? How would I see the spindle start command in the ladder? Any help or ideas would be great.

Re: Spindle start after M00

This should be fixed in your post-processor. What CAM package are you using?

Generally M00/M01 stops are just that, a stop. When you resume it just executes the next line. On some machines it will restart the spindle on an operator interruption but that may handled differently than a stop. I'm not sure what parameter may handle that behavior. You could experiment by removing the M05 spindle stop and see if it starts following the M00.

Re: Spindle start after M00

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanpm View Post
    I have a Momentum VTL with a 0itf control. The machine is 3 months old. When running a program and the machine reads a M05; M00, the machine will stop spindle and all axis. When Cycle Start is pushed it will start the spindle back up and continue on with the program. There is no second M03, M04 to start the spindle. Is there Fanuc parameters to control this? How would I see the spindle start command in the ladder? Any help or ideas would be great.
    This will be a PLC function.

normally this kind of behavior is optional controlled by the PLC I would recommend reading the parameter book or with the 0if control you can press SYSTEM -> PMC MAINTE -> KEEP RLY, then highlight the individual keep relay 'bits' and read the descriptions.
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*