587,917 active members*
3,742 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Re : DYN 4 Drivers

Any one have the set up program for a DYN4 servo drive ,i ordered a new disk when i bought them but there is no mention of a DYN 4 drive ,only a DYN 3 and the ,manual say's to use the DYN 4.

I have contacted them but have not gotten a response of yet, if you have one, i would appreciate a copy .

Re: Re : DYN 4 Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by woffler View Post
    Any one have the set up program for a DYN4 servo drive ,i ordered a new disk when i bought them but there is no mention of a DYN 4 drive ,only a DYN 3 and the ,manual say's to use the DYN 4.
    I would of thought it would of been on the disc they sent you, if you are not using all the features, and the drive communicates to the Dyna3 software then the main settings should get you going, when you get the correct software, you can then do any changes that may be needed
    Mactec54

I thought it would too ,but ill just have to ask for my money back for the disk , Cnc 4 pc charged me for .

I will let them know they are selling a disk that is not complete as to the DYN4 drivers , so they can get the proper one from Dmm Tech.

https://app.box.com/s/dw743of6v36b2qfzz2xj Here is link to new driver for DYN 4

I have been able to get these drives up and running with out to much trouble ,there are several thing's one must pay attention to when starting up the drives in the dyn 4 software.

The main gain and speed gain must be set very low ,if you own any dyn 2 drives throw the settings out, they will not work with these drive's.

The main gain should start out around 10 to 14 the speed gain around 7 and the integration gain around 20 and then you can massage them from there.

If you start getting the main gain above 20 the motor will go nut's with vibrations and try and rip itself apart ,you have been warned.

Well ,folk's i have been doing some testing and i am happy to say that all my problem's that i had with the DYN 2 drives and motors have disappeared.

There is a draw back to the motor shaft's on the new 750 watt motors they are now 19mm ,way to big for htd 5mm pulleys you would have to step up to a coarser grade pulley to use them and loose teeth engagement to the belt's and use longer belt's.

The drives work great and are easy to set up with the DMM B/0 board ,as i said the over shoot under shoot problems have disappeared and i can now cut part's to the correct size with out the need to try and offset for the all the funky drive problems .

As far as the older DYN 2 drives they should be burned !!! as useless junk because that is what they are and i am not the only one that think's so.

So i guess what i am saying is if you want to get accurate cuts and position ,you are going to have to upgrade to DYN 4 drives and motor's.

I know this sounds harsh but the truth can some times be harsh.

As far as the older DYN 2 drives they should be burned !!! as useless junk because that is what they are and i am not the only one that think's so.

So i guess what i am saying is if you want to get accurate cuts and position ,you are going to have to upgrade to DYN 4 drives and motor's.

I know this sounds harsh but the truth can some times be harsh.

I have been using the Dyna 2 Drives both old & new as many others have, on one of my mills I can get a machined part accuracy of .0001" or better, ( Depending on Cutter Performance, Size ) without even doing anything special with the programing,

True position of these 96 cavities .0001" or better, over the complete 96 cavities, there are also 4 dowels that go through these plates, there are ( 3 ) plates in the stack, a total of 1.5" thick, the dowels
    slide in the ( 4 ) holes for alignment, each plate machined separately, all done with Dyna 2 Drives

I have no idea way you would of had a problem with accuracy

The new Drives/motors, you have a much higher resolution with the new Encoder, this may be what is helping you get better accuracy, not that the older series couldn't do the same if setup correctly

The new motor shaft size, is industry standard

Using the HTD Timing pulleys, they are not very accurate
    Mactec54

You know you kind of biased to these guy;s and you have been for a long time,you get stuff for free we do not ,i have been biting my tongue with you for a long time .

I probably own more of these dyn 2 drives than any one else, 10 at last count so i think i know what i am talking about,every time someone has something to say you chime in and try to rescue them.

And try and blame the owner of the product ,you know i was about to spend another 3,000 to 4 thousand dollars with them updating drives and putting new 16 bit encoders on old motors ,but i think i will go somewhere else and spend my money .

You know you kind of biased to these guy;s and you have been for a long time,you get stuff for free we do not ,i have been biting my tongue with you for a long time .

I probably own more of these dyn 2 drives than any one else, 10 at last count so i think i know what i am talking about,every time someone has something to say you chime in and try to rescue them.

And try and blame the owner of the product ,you know i was about to spend another 3,000 to 4 thousand dollars with them updating drives and putting new 16 bit encoders on old motors ,but i think i will go somewhere else and spend my money .
    Biased no not at all, I use Yaskawa as well, as for owning more Dyna 2 drives than anyone else, you are not even close

Coming to rescue!!! just the facts, the proof is in the end machined parts I make, as do many others, I'm not saying you have not had problems,so why did you keep using them all these years, if you had so much trouble???

I make some of Dmm's prototype parts, before they go to production, so nothing is for free, do I have a relationship with Dmm, business only, just as I do with any other company

You can spend your money how ever you choose,this has no effect on me what's so ever, I'm not sure why you would want to update something that was trouble before
    Mactec54