587,414 active members*
3,108 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1 axis problem.

So I got one of these China machines. I've been up grading the controls but one axis has a problem.
    I have replaced the USB with a smooth stepper EEC and new BOB, I also replaced the drivers with new ones.
    . Since it was a Chinese system the plugs that connect the drivers to the machine are junk. It was arking inside the plug. So they self destructed the Drivers. No big deal. It was worth a shot to try and use them. So I just ordered new drivers.
    Now that the drivers are in It works to a degree. In the configuration tab on the ESS under Genral config the X & Z Axis will work under step and direction along with Quadrature BUT the Y will only work under Quadrature. Any ideas?

OH if you want to fallow along on my up-grade thread I have one here.

China 6040Z router upgrade build thread..

Attachment 267746

Re: 1 axis problem.

lets verify that you have your wirering ect straight.
    X axis should be 2-3
    Y axis 3-4
    z axis 5-6.
    If all your cabeling to the drives is correct. I would swap the X and Y drives to make sure its not the Y axis 5056 itself.
    I have pretty much done what you are doing with my 3040. Except I used the UC100 instead of the SS ethernet.

Thanks for the reply. I did find the problem with the Axis. It was another plug at the motor end. So that works now.
    BUT Now I need to get the VFD working.
    I have a C11GS BOB CNC4PC
    So I need to get it to play nice with the VFD here is the manual for the Nowforever VFD. Attachment 267894

I have been going round and round with the BOB to figure out how to make it control the VFD.
    One guy told me this.
    C11GS ------- VFD
    0~10V ------ ANI1
    AN_GNG ---- AN_COM
    V_IN -------- DG_COM
    NO --------- X1

But that does not seem to be working. I don't here the relays clicking on the BOB
    Any Idea?

what pin numbers do you have the spindle going to?
    In the motor setup you may have to set the direction port to 0 as mach will complain about pin 16 being used twice.

It should also be said that the spindle motor tuning will have an effect, and YOU HAVE TO SPECIFY A RPM IN MACH BEFORE THE RELAY WILL KICK IN.

Also looking at the BOB, The POT at the back righ corvner controls the 0-10 V to the VFD. Make sure it is not turned all the way down. You can use a volt meter to see if it is putting out.

The spindle is going to pin 14 and the relay is set to 1. It's clicking and telling the VFD to turn on, but there is no control voltage. No matter how the POT is adjusted. I just don't see how it's going to output 0~10V with out any input voltage other then the 5V power supply it's using. When I apply 12V from the VFD to the port next to the 0~10V port that is marked 12V it just gives me 12V at all times no matter how the POT is tuned.
    So how do I get this thing to output a voltage?
    I's driving me nuts as I have been working at the problems one at a time for about 2 weeks now and I haven't even started in on the feedback from the encoders.

Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    The spindle is going to pin 14 and the relay is set to 1. It's clicking and telling the VFD to turn on, but there is no control voltage. No matter how the POT is adjusted. I just don't see how it's going to output 0~10V with out any input voltage other then the 5V power supply it's using. When I apply 12V from the VFD to the port next to the 0~10V port that is marked 12V it just gives me 12V at all times no matter how the POT is tuned.
    So how do I get this thing to output a voltage?
    I's driving me nuts as I have been working at the problems one at a time for about 2 weeks now and I haven't even started in on the feedback from the encoders.
    On page 10 of the BOB manual I take it to mean that is the voltage in got the vfd. On every speed controller I have ever worked with there was always a 12-24 v set of input terminals and a 0-10v output terminals for the vfd.

http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C11GS-R1_5_USER_MANUAL.pdf

OK I got the spindle problem sorted out. It needed to have a check in step/Dir along with out put #1 being turned on and adding a 12V power source to the board that the other person did not say anything about in his E-mail to me.

So on to the last and final stage of making this thing smarter and better. I hope.
    I have a C53 encoder board LINK TO MANUAL
    and some AMT102-V encoders LINK TO MANUAL

Does anybody know how to get these to read back to Mach3?
    Screen shots, suggested DIP SW settings or any in-site would help as I'm now way in over my head on this one. I do know the C53 is on port #2 of the ESS but the manuals are of little use as they do not cover anything on set up or pin in assignment. The only way to describe the manuals is economical at best.

I have spent the last 3 weeks in the garage going round in circles getting this thing working again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9233.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	268274