587,888 active members*
3,339 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question machine advice please

Hello, looking for a small desktop machine capable of engraving on top of standard coins. The material is either Silver, copper or Copper/nickel alloy. Most of the small desktop machines say they will not engrave on metal. I am wondering however, since these metals are fairly soft non-ferrous metals is there an inexpensive option. The bed itself can be small. Thanks for the help. I did search the forum before posting, but did not find anything related.

Re: machine advice please

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty View Post
    Hello, looking for a small desktop machine capable of engraving on top of standard coins. The material is either Silver, copper or Copper/nickel alloy. Most of the small desktop machines say they will not engrave on metal. I am wondering however, since these metals are fairly soft non-ferrous metals is there an inexpensive option. The bed itself can be small. Thanks for the help. I did search the forum before posting, but did not find anything related.
    As an example something like this below. I realize that these are stamped but I would like to be able to change font and size and that is really not easily done with stamps.