587,141 active members*
4,063 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Haas TL1

Haas TL1

On power up, machine wants to datum towards chuck, when it should go towards tailstock.

Clean chips from around limit switches.

mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    Clean chips from around limit switches.

mike
    Where would I find those ? Can`t see anything that resembles a limit switch.

Don't have a TL1, but will be under chips guards at the end/ends of the ways.

I believe that the reason your home is going in the wrong direction is that the limit switch is already tripped because of chips or another obstruction.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

The limit switch is on the right side of the carriage on the back. you have to look under the sheetmetal by the linear guide rail. The grease builds up and collects chips.
    Had this problem several times on my TL-2.

Here you are complete description pictures and everything. The pictures are taken from the back near the tailstock looking down.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/haas_l..._position.html
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Here you are complete description pictures and everything. The pictures are taken from the back near the tailstock looking down.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/haas_l..._position.html
    That's great Geof, you "Da Man." A few most posts and we'll assume your here to stay!

Mike

Eventually found limit sensor, no chips, so wiped clean, and tried again. It works. So thanks for your help.

Now I have another problem, on power up get `low battery` then on to logo screen, the screen then shows garbage and message at the bottom saying `main spindle is overheating` machine`s been idle for a week, so that cannot be right.
    Since found out where to find and change battery. Now the problem is connection of leads onto board. Foolishly I thought the identifiers on the cable would put me right. But, there`s simply the cable no, but no relation to the number on the card.
    I need to know the - cable no. 32-1541B goes to P9---P8 ? and cable 32-1547A goes to P6 ?