587,338 active members*
3,536 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > What is the easiest software out there

What is the easiest software out there

I am trying to find the most user friendy softwear . I have never done anything with cad or cam softwear. I am a 100% rookie. I purchased Bodcad and got the training videos but they training videos suck. Any ideas on what software to get

Well what type of work do you do, if I had bobcad V23 I would learn how to use it before moving on to a new software.

If you are a machinist doing mechanical type work Onecnc is one of the fastest, easiest, user friendly software ever made.

John

Download Alibre Express and try that. It's free, and the included tutorials should get you up and running pretty quickly.

http://alibre.com/products/mechanica...cam_xpress.asp
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I've used many different software packages. I think dolphin cad cam is hands down the easiest software out there. I'm also a fan of surfcam although it's not exactly the easiest to pickup and is also rather expensive.

Try dolphin cad cam. They have some videos on there site as well.

There are lots of options out there. Try demos and see what is best for you.

OneCNC
    Visual Mill
    Dolphin
    Alibre Design / w Visual Mill

Just remember that the software should do what you need and you will get what you pay for. In other words if there are frequent sales or discounts you can bet that that supplier is desperate and is just looking for another sale.

Serious providers have a price cap and discounts on an annual or biannual basis, not "this week only 75% off all software levels".

You have to choose carefully and don't rush into buying anything just to get something.

The choices provided in this thread are good mid entry level suppliers, but try every demo to see if it has the features you want. Don't forget to ask questions in their respectable forums as well as here.

Good Luck on finding a new CAD/CAM Software
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

as far as work goes it will be pretty much for cutting acrylic and maybe some wood. As far as software goes, I can look at all the demos but since I have never programed anything to do with cnc or cad I am pretty much a complete rookie. I am still trying to figure out how to make my machine JOG on mach3

Try looking at the software tutorials from the dolphin cad cam website. They sure can be helpful.

Take a look at the onecnc videos for rookies it may give you a idea where to start in the cad side it goes on to do the parts in the cam side. http://www.onecncwest.com/OneCNC_Dem...Emo_DVD_1.html

Again if you have bobcad V23 you have all you need for now. It all has a learning carve. If not go shopping.

John

Question Need to purchase software too!

I am about to puchase a router and want to work in the 3d area for patterns and molds.
    So i have a similar need. All the sales guys claim theirs is the best lol!

I would rather spend a little more than be told that what I have purchased is not up to it!

In house we would be doing aluminium plates for brackets etc and patterns for fg tooling etc

Thanks Guys
    Michael

i have been using alphacam for almost 3 years - its a great software, very user friendly as well. tech support is great, and they do have good training classes.