587,534 active members*
3,610 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Uncategorised WoodWorking Machines > I need opinions on this machine please

I need opinions on this machine please

This massive machine MAY be for sale "AS IS" with the only endorsement being, "We used to use it." It is in Nashville, about 50 miles from my home.

What can you tell me about this machine? What is it worth? It is about 7'x12'

Re: I need opinions on this machine please

Good thing is axyz is still in business. Decent machine if it all works. Might be steppers if an older machine and control likely not quite up to modern standards (and harder to out something like mach 3or4 on it with the piggyback drills and such). I'd put it at 5K given the lack of info. Its worth putting in the time then. It could sell for more, but would not be a steal at anything higher. Add 2k if it runs....or make them power it up if they want more than 5k is another way to put it. You might email AXYZpictures to see what modern control refit would cost.

If just those two (Perske?) spindles and VFDs work, that's about $4k right there. But they probably want 3-phase power. If you don't have it, budget for a converter if you want to use them.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Dang. 3-phase power is not an option for me. I already have FOUR meter boxes on my power pole, and I live out in the sticks. I would have to use an inverter, because there is no 3-phase within two miles of my house.

Very handy machines.It may have the rather quirky toolpath software,which is a bit dated and requires a particular methodology.If you can organise a power supply you will be able to do a huge range of things.If I had space and work to do on it I would be looking for a diesel generator for the machine.Be aware that the vacuum hold down system might also require the power to run a 20hp motor,which almost certainly exceeds the power required by the router.

It is located in Nashville. The company that has it said they're going to have someone check it out and see if it is worth fixing, or just haul it off and bring in a more modern machine