587,587 active members*
4,729 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc O-TD hydraulic pump problems

Fanuc O-TD hydraulic pump problems

We have a Mighty viper lathe ANL-52 here at the shop and the mother board died and we lost everything. After fighting with Viper to get my parameter list and getting Fanuc downhere to fix the controller we have most of the machine fixed. The biggest hangup at this point is my hydraulic pump will not power up. The pump does work when I push on the relay. Viper is telling me to use the ladder to figure out the problem. the problem I do not know how to read this ladder. I have no definitions of the coding and viper says they dont either. Fanuc is telling me they need the coding from Viper. I feel it is a parameter that needs to be turned on. Does anyone have any idea how to help? This has been a 2 month struggle

Travis

the possible problem will be with PMC parameters. most of that stuff controls machine-specific things. check your PMC parameters.
    to trace the ladder you will probably need the ladder manual that was supplied with your machine because the ladder in the machine usually has no labels. the printed manual usually has text labels for each ladder step so its easy to find what you are looking for.

And that would be great and i am sure from that point I could figure it out. My big problem is the ladder manual was never supplied with the machine. The machine tool builder is not giving to me any addresses so it is all foreign to me

In most cases the Hyd pump is powered on when the E-stop is released.
    If you have the 0 version that shows the ladder, you may be able to first trace the contactor coil feed, to see if it comes off of a PMC output and from this you should be able to ID the output Y(xxx) label.
    If you do a search of the ladder using this output it should show the rung status and whatever is causing the open rung?
    As a last resort, you could always reconfig the coil feed so that it runs off the E-stop relay and is powered as soon as the E-stop is released, make sure you retain the integrity of the O/L interlock which in all probability is wired in series with the coil.
    This is as long as there is no other safety issues with powering it at start up?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

BTW, if you have a 0D you should be able to view the ladder, if not see if bit #2 of P0060 is set?
    Al.

Albert E.

Did this go any further?
    Al.

Albert E.

I can see the ladder but just dont know where to begin. I tlooks like there is 300 pages of ladder to look thru. just do not know any coding. I can kick the pump on manually but is still will not release the machine. If I do find it how do I change or fix it. Is that thru a parameter or diagnostic code.

Like I mentioned, you need to trace the coil supply and find out if it originates from a PMC output?
    If it does, you can do a search of the Yxxx output # and see the rung in question.
    Although it sounds like something else at play, not just the fact the Hyd are not picking up?
    Al.

Albert E.

let me play around today and I will get back soon