587,990 active members*
4,655 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > Delete Duplicates command

Delete Duplicates command

Hi all cadwizards

Under the 'Edit tools' there should be a command for deleting duplicates, however I cant seem to find it.

http://www.rhino3d.com/features.htm

Sometimes you get duplicates that you just cant see and it would be great to remove them automatically instead of now -clicking on every little line just to see if there is one line or if there is one or more duplicates!

Any help will be appreciated

MD

Hi MD,

There is not a "Delete Duplicates" command that I know of. However, it is easily accomplished by using the SelDup (Select Duplicates) command, then just deleting the selection. If you want, you can string together the commands in a button, or alias:

! _SelDup _Delete

Keep in mind that SelDup selects exact duplicates. If you have 2 lines on top of each other, but they were created in different directions, they are not really exact, so they will not be selected. If you want to delete similar objects as opposed to exact duplicates, there is a plug-in that can do this. If you are interested, I will do some digging and find a link for you.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Dan

Thank's a million for the info about the seldup command.

If you could find that link for the plug-in it would be really nice to try it out.

I cant thank you enough Dan!

Cheers MD

http://www.rhinoman.com/plugins.html

Take a look at the "SuperSelect" plug-in.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)