587,272 active members*
5,322 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > Belkin External Drive Enclosure

Belkin External Drive Enclosure

I picked up a Belkin External Drive Enclosure F5U209. And it is not obvious at least to me how to take it apart to get the hard drive in.

I think it might have something to do with the sides but I can't get them off either.

I don't want to force it so does anyone know how to open it up.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0505.jpg   DSCN0506.jpg  

Where is your machine Mr.Chips...Please post some pictures of it...Nice enclosure by the way

Smile THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
    For sending the link. And I was able to get it open without breaking anything.

Even off topic the CNCZone members come through!
    :rainfro:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Chips View Post
    THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
    For sending the link. And I was able to get it open without breaking anything.

Even off topic the CNCZone members come through!
    :rainfro:
    Greetings,
    I have acquired a Belkin P5209 external drive bay. In your post you state that you were able to get it apart without breaking it. How exactly did you accomplish this seemingly impossible task. Mine arrived without manual or drivers which I have now downloaded. Any help in this matter would be most appreciated.

Garymichaelduke

Quote Originally Posted by garymichaelduke View Post
    Greetings,
    I have acquired a Belkin P5209 external drive bay. In your post you state that you were able to get it apart without breaking it. How exactly did you accomplish this seemingly impossible task. Mine arrived without manual or drivers which I have now downloaded. Any help in this matter would be most appreciated.

Garymichaelduke
    Gary,
    I tried the above link and could not find the information. I won't be back home until Feb 19 so send me a message to remind me and I'll look at my enclosure.
    There I a sequence that it must be taken apart in, and it fits very tightly, just don't remember the details.
    I found the information for the operators manual i think, it was an online PDF file. You might Google it
    Good luck
    Hager

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Chips View Post
    Gary,
    I tried the above link and could not find the information. I won't be back home until Feb 19 so send me a message to remind me and I'll look at my enclosure.
    There I a sequence that it must be taken apart in, and it fits very tightly, just don't remember the details.
    I found the information for the operators manual i think, it was an online PDF file. You might Google it
    Good luck
    Hager
    Greetings,
    Did you have a good journey? Hope so. By the way did you find the sequence for opening the Belkin hard drive external enclosure? I could not find the directions in the online pdf. The pdf did not show how to get it apart. It assumed it was apart.

Gary

Greetings,
    Did you have a good journey? Hope so. By the way did you find the sequence for opening the Belkin hard drive external enclosure? I could not find the directions in the online pdf. The pdf did not show how to get it apart. It assumed it was apart.

Gary
    Hi Gary,

Place the case with the logo up and facing away from you.

With your thumb pull the black side piece twords you and to the side, it wraps around the back slightly locking it in place.

Gently seperate the side working from the back to the front, because there are three places where the side interlocks with the inner frame.

The front wraps around a lot so be careful when removing the front part.

If you have any other questions please email.

Good luck.

Greetings,
    I got it apart. The side with the switch was a bit tricky. Inside it says that it will only operate as Master. Do you know if there is a way to change that to either cable select or slave?

Gary

Greetings,
    I got it apart. The side with the switch was a bit tricky. Inside it says that it will only operate as Master. Do you know if there is a way to change that to either cable select or slave?

Gary
    Yes it is tricky to open.
    No, I don't know how to configure it. I haven't got mine running yet. I put a drive in it and the PC would not reconize it.

Let me know if you find out how to get it to work.