587,418 active members*
3,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HobbyCNC will work with EMC2, but not Mach3

Hi everyone, you can check out my build thread at http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103069

For now I am having some problems with my Mach3 software.

I have set up and can use EMC2 just fine. Have had no problems with it, but Mach has more features and seems to be a bit more advanced.

So I installed XP on a machine with identical specs (and by identical I mean identical), and installed the Mach3 software, but I cannot get my motors to move. Swap out with my EMC2 machine it works just fine.

I have checked the pin outs, tried the various options in the setup menu, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas???

It's the HobbyCNC EZ driver.

Thank you so much! Can't wait to start cutting with Mach.

Alex

Is your port address in Mach3 set to the correct address? Also any way to test for a bad port? Mach3 ports and pins set correct to match what you BOB needs? If your using a laptop that could be the problem.

Checked the port address, it is correct. Like I said earlier, checked the pins, even watched the Mach3 video on setting up your table, followed all the directions.

Quote Originally Posted by crane550 View Post
    Checked the port address, it is correct. Like I said earlier, checked the pins, even watched the Mach3 video on setting up your table, followed all the directions.
    In motor outputs check that step port and dir port are all set to '1'. Little thing I overlooked once. And check that 'Reset' isn't flashing

I had a similar problem testing out my motors with TurboCNC- it wouldn't move them under 'jog'. Turned out I had limit switches configured that I had not yet hooked up on the new electronics that I needed to disable. Once I told it to ignore the limits the motors moved fine.

I am having the same problem, Can jog on the screen but motors do not move.

They do hum and sound like the want to but do not.

I also have watched the trouble shooting video and as far as I can tell all is set right from printing port to pin set out.

I did have the machine running with Turbo CNC just did not like having to work in dos.

Did the first poster find his problem.

Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Milton View Post
    I am having the same problem, Can jog on the screen but motors do not move.

They do hum and sound like the want to but do not.

I also have watched the trouble shooting video and as far as I can tell all is set right from printing port to pin set out.

I did have the machine running with Turbo CNC just did not like having to work in dos.

Did the first poster find his problem.

Milton
    I am sure he did. You can look up his other thread to see. It has to be configuration problems...