587,348 active members*
5,183 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

Post A convenient lie

I know someones has probably already posted this TV show, but hey, It's worth watching again.

The only parts left out, were about the things mankind has done to contribute to global warming. Such as black particle emissions, heat islands, deforestation of the rain forests, darkening of the seas through errosion, and such. Let's face it people, with the big solar heater in the sky dumping 125,000 TeraWatts of energy on the planet, how were the little humans going to compete. There's a whole bunch of you greenies out there, that someday soon, will have to come up with an excuse for the errors in your predictions. I hope you don't kill the U.S. before the truth comes out.

http://video.google.com/google...566792811497638&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    There's a whole bunch of you greenies out there, that someday soon, will have to come up with an excuse for the errors in your predictions. I hope you don't kill the U.S. before the truth comes out.
    They didn't have to answer for the lies about Global Cooling, what makes you think they'll have to answer for the LIES about Global Warming???
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    They didn't have to answer for the lies about Global Cooling, what makes you think they'll have to answer for the LIES about Global Warming???
    Didn't the Global Cooling stuff precede radical Greenies? Also great expensive pointless proposals to combat Global Cooling were not proposed/enforced.

My first post and it's in the political section, lol.

Tree Huggers are everywhere, bad enough I live in California. But just glad I'm waaaaaay south of Frisco (flame2)
    Electric Signs & Neon
    TheSignSyndicate.com

OK. we get it.. Allot of you guys are conservative and like to bash wealthy, highly educated, somewhat rediculous democrat politicians with big mouths.

please realize how little compassion you are showing. selfish buggers.

I dont have anything specific against conservatives ro any other group.. but i dont understand the chest thumping here.. you guys like pollution?!?!

dont you realize that even worse than al gore attempting to get political power from this issue is the private companies selling US ALL OUT in order to make $$ for their very wealthy owners and boardmembers and large shareholders?

why are you siding with a system that has proven itself to be un-trustworthy and totally unprogressive?! please, stop being so damn party-line!

please do not hate me because i am not exactly the same as you.. just try and think about things in broader terms... dont try and be 'the right one' about these issues that are much larger than your space within a bbs post!

<3
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

why is 'greenie' a put down?!?!

what is wrong with people.. should i go cry in the corner now because it is a harsh and absurd world?
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Quote Originally Posted by vacpress View Post
    OK. we get it.. Allot of you guys are conservative and like to bash wealthy, highly educated, somewhat rediculous democrat politicians with big mouths.

please realize how little compassion you are showing. selfish buggers.

I dont have anything specific against conservatives ro any other group.. but i dont understand the chest thumping here.. you guys like pollution?!?!

dont you realize that even worse than al gore attempting to get political power from this issue is the private companies selling US ALL OUT in order to make $$ for their very wealthy owners and boardmembers and large shareholders?

why are you siding with a system that has proven itself to be un-trustworthy and totally unprogressive?! please, stop being so damn party-line!

please do not hate me because i am not exactly the same as you.. just try and think about things in broader terms... dont try and be 'the right one' about these issues that are much larger than your space within a bbs post!

<3
    I don't know about highly educated, when uneducated decisions are made. But I would like to know in what way we are being sold out and how our system is un-trusworthy / unprogressive, since were one of the most cleanest and prosperous nations on earth?

I'm asking because tree huggers / greenies who make uneducated decisions interfere with my everyday life and occupation.
    Electric Signs & Neon
    TheSignSyndicate.com

Quote Originally Posted by 7446 Guy View Post
    I don't know about highly educated, when uneducated decisions are made. But I would like to know in what way we are being sold out and how our system is un-trusworthy / unprogressive, since were one of the most cleanest and prosperous nations on earth?

I'm asking because tree huggers / greenies who make uneducated decisions interfere with my everyday life and occupation.
    'greenies and tree huggers' probably have as much to do with your day to day as concious, empathetic, didactic reasoning. which is to say, keep up the good work. i am happy to share my breathing air with you, seeing as at least one of us diserves what we get.
    Design & Development

massively profiting from products that damage the property of others is 'selling one out'.
    Design & Development

Hmmmm, do you use these products? Do they help out in everyday life? Can we function without them? I need more info and examples if you don't mind.

But keep in mind, one volcano eruption is more pollutants than man has done in his entire short blink of an eye life time. Surface and subsurface, these are natural and nature has it's ways of cleaning itself
    Electric Signs & Neon
    TheSignSyndicate.com

about global warming ill say this,the earth was in an ace while back,of course its going to warm up and the ice melt,what you expect,these are natural cycles that we will not stop,are we contributing to it,yes,can we slow it down,maybe,but not if we are th only country,as far as selling out,we spend the most and do the most of any nation around the world,when theres a mess,we either clean it up or pay for in all the poor third world countries
    china is the biggest destroyer of the enviorment,why dont you go over there and tell it to them,if you want to make the enviorment better,start there,but they would only shoot you,sad but true,we are mostly alone in the war to save the enviorment

enjoy your oppinion.

of course i use the products. and i breathe pollution emitted based on credit 'purchased' from a state where they use hydro electric... there is some irony there.

i dont know about where you live, but here the utilities regularly get caught fixing rates, etc. keep bringing up 'global warming' all you want. that is only one issue. the larger issue is still pollution, the right to pollute, and what is really fair and legal.

your argument about volcanos is rediculous. consider what you are saying and how absurd that is. it is like saying some people steal, so stealing is not only appropriate and fine, but inevitable, and anyone who dosent steal is guilty. keep pretending to be happy and secure and invested with the oil economy.. it is sort of like being a nazi sympathizer.

california is a beautifull state. culturaly and aestheticaly.
    Design & Development

much of it is politics, but china not only admits to this issue, but has at least begun pretending to make moves to change some of this in the future. maybe you have read about their seemingly honest effort to avoid as much petroleum use for cars as possible?

'climate change, global warming' - this is a bit of a red herring. the issue is still political and economic as much as environmental. the cost of dealing with pollution is the real issue. sure the argument can be made about the higher energy costs comming back to consumers. however, much as i love anarchistic ideals, i also really enjoy the way market systems seem to really drive innovation when a roadblock is met.

for the record, the other night at the bar i recited quite a bit of the anti-gore information from reading posts here, to further the discussion we were having. everyone of my liberal\non political but obviousely not conservative friends agrees with one basic premise:al gore cannot be trusted, his grandstanding is transparent, this contest is a farce.

so. please, before anyone discredits a point of view on a complex subject based on prejudice, consider how much that weakens your own arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by SORCHEROR View Post
    about global warming ill say this,the earth was in an ace while back,of course its going to warm up and the ice melt,what you expect,these are natural cycles that we will not stop,are we contributing to it,yes,can we slow it down,maybe,but not if we are th only country,as far as selling out,we spend the most and do the most of any nation around the world,when theres a mess,we either clean it up or pay for in all the poor third world countries
    china is the biggest destroyer of the enviorment,why dont you go over there and tell it to them,if you want to make the enviorment better,start there,but they would only shoot you,sad but true,we are mostly alone in the war to save the enviorment
    Design & Development

enjoy your oppinion.

of course i use the products. and i breathe pollution emitted based on credit 'purchased' from a state where they use hydro electric... there is some irony there.

i dont know about where you live, but here the utilities regularly get caught fixing rates, etc. keep bringing up 'global warming' all you want. that is only one issue. the larger issue is still pollution, the right to pollute, and what is really fair and legal.

your argument about volcanos is rediculous. consider what you are saying and how absurd that is. it is like saying some people steal, so stealing is not only appropriate and fine, but inevitable, and anyone who dosent steal is guilty. keep pretending to be happy and secure and invested with the oil economy.. it is sort of like being a nazi sympathizer.

california is a beautifull state. culturaly and aestheticaly.
    I apologize for not clarifying my original point.

I don't believe WE are destroying the earth or capable of it. Are we putting up pollutants, yes, destroying? No.

My reason for volcanism is that more dangerous pollutants are put into our air that you and I breathe and water that you and I swim in.

The earth has it's own cleaning system, the theory that man's pollutants are causing a warming or cooling trend is "THEORY" too ridiculous to buy into. Like I said, one volcano eruption is more than man has put out in it's lifetime.
    Electric Signs & Neon
    TheSignSyndicate.com

I suppose you find a clearcut forest to be a sign of progress and business as usual.

(looks at feet, frowns sadly)

(walks away shaking head)...

Quote Originally Posted by 7446 Guy View Post
    I apologize for not clarifying my original point.

I don't believe WE are destroying the earth or capable of it. Are we putting up pollutants, yes, destroying? No.

My reason for volcanism is that more dangerous pollutants are put into our air that you and I breathe and water that you and I swim in.

The earth has it's own cleaning system, the theory that man's pollutants are causing a warming or cooling trend is "THEORY" too ridiculous to buy into. Like I said, one volcano eruption is more than man has put out in it's lifetime.
    Design & Development

so. please, before anyone discredits a point of view on a complex subject based on prejudice, consider how much that weakens your own arguments.
    This could also apply to using the phrase: "it is sort of like being a nazi sympathizer.". You discredit yourself and weaken your own arguments.

i am not the one suggesting that it ok to do something harmful and avoidable because volcanos do it.

the thought was incomplete. it is like being an american company supplying the nazis previous to our official involvment in the war.. i sure dont want to open an argument over why US joined WW2 when and for what... but it is the same sort of mindset..

i would call it machivellian, but really it is just greedy. i suppose this guy would fancy himself machivellian if he was inclined to think in such terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    This could also apply to using the phrase: "it is sort of like being a nazi sympathizer.". You discredit yourself and weaken your own arguments.
    Design & Development

Has anyone bothered to read the recent report on "Global Warming?" The most important measurement in the whole equation is how much energy is the sun sending to the Earth? The equipment to measure that is only about 10 years old and the accuracy is questionable. Because of this, the scientific community has considered the sun to be a CONSTANT SOURCE. This is wrong!! Currently, Mars is losing its polar ice caps to a greater degree than what it had in the past. What does this tell us? The sun has been ejecting more energy in recent history and it is affecting more than just our planet. "Global Warming" isn't caused by man, it's a natural occurrence. How much time do we have recorded of the Earth's history? We don't have a statistically significant amount of data to make any kind of predictions. How then, can we claim to know what is going on with the environment? Does anyone remember 30 years ago when we were headed for another ice age? They don't know what's going on. How can they claim to know now?

has anybody stopped asking if 'global warming' exists, and started asking 'why do we care more for the red herring than the actual issue?'
    Design & Development

also.. the only person here who seems to make claims with any sensible limits seems to be geof and his comments in this thread are less than useful..

try and seperate your political belief from your economic interests and then again from your stated oppinions on the debate over climate change...

these are not compatible issues if you want to 'be right', which clearly you do.. surely being 'reasonable' holds some appeal?

why argue in favor of a huge industry full of spooky rich men who were allready rich on their first day of life and really do 'stick it to us'.

maan.. it makes my sticking up for microsoft look like a noble cause..
    Design & Development

Page 1 of 4 123