587,092 active members*
4,964 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Lathe Cycle Time In Predator

Lathe Cycle Time In Predator

Ive searched the net and cant find a solution. The cycle time in Predator works great for mill work but is horribly inacurate on any lathe post i have found. Does anybody know the fix to get the cycle times at least close for a lathe in Predator backplot?

Works fine here, just did a simple test cut of 50mm at 100mm/min and it showed 30 seconds, at 50mm/min it showed exactly 1 minute.

Can you post a file for someone to run in their backplot, one that you know how long it should take ?

If it works elsewhere then maybe you need to look at the "Machine" file you`re using ??

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro::rainfro:

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Works fine here, just did a simple test cut of 50mm at 100mm/min and it showed 30 seconds, at 50mm/min it showed exactly 1 minute.

Can you post a file for someone to run in their backplot, one that you know how long it should take ?

If it works elsewhere then maybe you need to look at the "Machine" file you`re using ??

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro::rainfro:
    Hi General,

In a recent thread I help him with his post. It is fairly stripped down and missing alot of information. I got some stuff added that just got the cycle to start moving, but the inaccuracy may be due to other things missing. Since I dont know anything about a lathe, maybe you could take a look at his post processor and see if there is anything you would think should be added. My bet is it is a short in the post somewhere.