587,647 active members*
3,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Regulated Power Supply

Can anyone talk me through adjustment of the regulated powersupply?
    I checked output on it again and still find 1 wrong voltage.
    The manual refers you from 1 section of the manual to another that refers you to a subsection that I can not find.
    The voltage that is of is the -12ur,gnd manual shows +21 to
    +28.5 And mine is +14.53.
    All the rest are good.
    The manual says these voltages are critical so this may be the problem I am having with this mill.
    I see trim pots on the power supply,just don,t want to mess with them till I know what I am doing.

Must be an old BOSS.
    There is a small terminal strip to the right of the logic boards. I remember that there were wires 76 there. Three blue wires and three lavender wires. Very thin. These wires are what I use to measure the logic voltages at the boards. The blue and lavender wires next to each other are the 5 VDC and adjust the trim pot for 5VDC. go out one wire in each direction, and I believe this is the 12VDC. The two outside wires are the -12VDC. The regulating board is silk screened with what each multi turn pot adjusts. If I remember correctly the 5 VDC pot is on the bottom. That is the most critical. You will find about a .1 to a .2 VDC difference between the test points and these wires. The wires are a more accurate way of setting these voltages.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

You need to check the two power transformers to see if they are wired 480. If you are running the machine on 240, This would explain why you are seeing half voltage on your 24v supply.

Here is a link:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23308

Darek

Regulated Power Supply

Thanks for the responses.
    I checked, the jumpers are set for 220v h1 and h3 jumped and h2 and h4 jumped on T1.
    T2 is jumped z1-z3,z2-z4,y1-y3,y2-y4,x1-x3,x2-x4,z3-y4,z4-x3,y3-x4,print shows this for 230v@50-60hz.
    Is the -12ur to gnd(21-25vdc) something that will keep the steppers from getting pulses to move?
    The motors are locked once in limit reset.
    I checked and my 24v relays are coming in,I had a wiring problem on cr5 but have that fixed now.
    I am looking at checking transistor Q5 and resistor R14 on the power supply,
    is there any thing else that would keep this -12ur from being low(13.2 vdc)?

I though your 24v supply was low. Looking at the print -12ur being low should not matter if your -12r is OK.

Darek