587,467 active members*
2,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > looking for low torque 1.8 Degree stepper anyone want to part with one

looking for low torque 1.8 Degree stepper anyone want to part with one

Hello, I'm looking for a 1.8 Degree stepper voltage 6v or lower ideally uni-poler. The torque requirements are not high as i am only driving a light weight rotary table with very little resistance (reduction of about 20:1 after stepper) This is for a astronomical pointing device so accuracy is is the primary goal with speed much lower on the considerations. I have and have been using 7.5 Degree steppers but they are just not giving me the resolution i'm looking for. Would anyone want to part with a stepper that they found underpowered for their applications? The steppers i have been able to find on e-bay have unreasonable shipping fees but that is the nature of e-bay. I have looked into many of the stepper sites suggested in other sections of the forum but i'v found they are primarily focused on much higher capacities than i require and have a matching much higher cost. Let me know if there are any suggestions as to where to find a suitable stepper or pm me with a price you would be willing to part with a stepper you might have nested away in a drawer.

Hi! Find your local PC recycling place and see if they have any HP Laserjet II or III laser printers. They usually cost about $2 where I live (Seattle area). They are big and heavy and they have a nice 100 oz-in unipolar stepper motor 1.8deg. A list of other printers and info can be found here:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...ht=hp+laserjet

ya i wish i knew of a good computer recycler i am a student at miami of ohio and there really is not much close here at school. the steppers that i do have all been torn out of old inkjets but still no luck. hense looking for a hand with this.

try
    http://www.allelectronics.com/?iorb=4764

search for 'stepper'

sam