587,227 active members*
3,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problems zeroing Matsuura MC-500V

I recently purchased a Matsuura MC-500V and could use a little help. I have run cnc lathes before but never a mill. The problem I am having right now is when when I go to zero the x axis. I can get the z and y axis to zero, but the x axis will not zero and keeps running until it hits the axis limit. To zero the axis I am doing the following:

Place the machine togle switch in Jog mode
    flip the zero return switch on
    Use the machine to the + limit
    when the machine gets approximately 2 inches from the limit it slows, and the zero position light should turn when it reaches the zero position.

It works correctly for the y and z axis the x it just slows down and continues till I get an alarm for the axis limit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shawn

What controller does the machine have? What year is the machine?

You could try using the - reference return button for the x, I use to run a 550VG with a yasnac control, its been about two years since i've ran it but give it a try.

The machines i run now also use the either the - or + button to return the X-axis to its reference position depending on the tables starting point, they are fanuc.

machining nerd.

The machine was made in 1981 and the control is a yasnak m5g.

Thanks for the help so far, but I do not see a button for x reference return.

what does the alarm say Hard or Soft overtravel????

if its hard you could try cutting your grid shift parameter in half and see if it returns then

My MC 760 has a toggle switch on the control for zero return (mx-1 control)

you have to go minus first in all axes first to get it off the stops

the toggle switch has to be up...green light ....then go plus in jog to zero return each axis

My mc500v with yasnac 3000g control works by doing what you do but I use rapid instead. Turn on ZRtn, Rapid, Z axis, + feed till it zeros, same with x and y.

Re: Problems zeroing Matsuura MC-500V

I'm resurrecting this old thread because I'm having the same problem as the ccbrass, except it's in the Y axis. My machine is a 1985 Matsuura MC-500V2S with a Yasnac MX2 control. The machine was working OK until I let it sit for a couple of years. When I brought it out of hibernation the table movement in the Y axis was very jerky. We removed the brushes on the Y servo motor and instead of the normal carbon dust we found an oily sludge. Apparently oil had found it's way into the servo motor but fortunately the tachometer section had stayed clean. The servo was removed, disassembled, cleaned, reassembled and put back on the machine. Now the table moves smoothly but I can't get it to zero out in the home position. I just get alarm code 202, "overtravel Y". The limit switches check out good. Both the X and Z axis's zero out normal. We also tried swapping the X and Y servo boards but the result was the same.
    I'm thinking that this might be a software issue that needs to be reset but I have no information about this. Anybody know?
    PHD is an acronym for a machine operator who can only load parts and hit the cycle start button. Push Here Dummy.

Re: Problems zeroing Matsuura MC-500V

PHD Hope you got this worked out. When I was Having a zero problem it ended up being a parameter issue I was missing a bunch. If everything there was disassembled ive heard of the encoder needing to be clocked to the right position. But also could be a limit switch issue, or could even what they call a soft over travel where its just been programmed in the offset parameters im not sure what ones good luck. Make sure when you jog 5" its moving 5" theres also parameters for the ball screw pitch ect.