587,818 active members*
2,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Coolant Table

I have just got my flood coolant system up and running and the amount of coolant on the table is pretty ridiculous for the size of mill and the table. I am currently using a flat bottomed table, and I was wondering if there is anything out there commercialy made ready for flood coolant with sloped sides and a drain. I think the only other alternative is foam then fiberglass to get it all to collect in one place.

I am running a taig micro mill.

Don't worry about the table, make a sump pan with a 4 sided enclosure, set the whole machine in it and giver
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Already have that, just was hoping for something that would work a little better... (dont worry I still want to do alot more things to the machine)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01851.JPG  

Silly question but would it fit in a shower stall maybe a damaged one from one of the home improvment stores or if ypu know a plumper you could get a takeout from a remodel jobe and cot it off at the right hight just a thought? good luck Kevin

Impact,

Very nice set-up!

I also have a Taig, and I'm going to start putting together a flood coolant system. What are you using for coolant? Do you have some sort of strainer to remove chips and whatnot? Any tramp oil problems? Do you need to use an air bubbler or anything to keep the smelly stuff away?

Any advice from those with flood coolant experience would be appreciated!

Scott

Im using an aluminum pan now with fiberglass sides and an acrylic sliding door which slides up. Im using the kool mist for flood coolant. I have not had to use a bubbler.