587,887 active members*
3,165 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > PUMA 300MS Subspindle problems
    Stinkfisst Guest

PUMA 300MS Subspindle problems

Hello all, I'm working with a PUMA 300MS and can not seem to get my main spindle and my sub spindle to sync. I had this working about 2 weeks ago, but the other day I went to do a part transfer and I got an alarm #2055. I have tured the machine off pushed reset but I still keep getting the same alarm and the spindles will not sync, if someone has had this problem and knows how to fix it or restart it this would be greatly appreciated, I have tried but my frustration is getting the better of me. Thanks

Apparently, some conditions aren't met prior to commanding the M203/M204 (see attached).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puma 300MS Alarm 2055.jpg  

Stinkfisst Guest
    I read this same thing in one of the manuals the I used

M131
    S100M203

one thing I noticed when I try it is the sub spindle button lights up and the sub spindle chucking light is flashing, my main spindle will start spinning but not my sub, and shortly after it will alarm out. I'm wondering if a proximity switch may have come loose and that is why my sub chuck light is flashing and maybe what is triggering the alarm, because the machine thinks one of the chucks are still open/closed. Still I don't see why a proximity switch would come loose just out of the blue though so I'm still a little skeptical.

It might help if you told us what alarm you were getting.

Stinkfisst Guest
    I thought I have told you already the alarm I am getting is #2055, if I type

M131;
    S100M203;

into MDI mode it does not seem to alarm out the main spindle will begin to turn but the sub will not. It only seems to alarm out whem I am in MEMORY mode and running the actual program.

Sorry... I spaced on that one.

The flashing chuck lamp on the sub-spindle does indicate there is a problem with clamp/unclamp proximity switches; possibly out of adjustment. Keep Relay 7.6 (main chuck) and 7.7 (sub-chuck) control whether the chuck clamp confirmation is done by proximity switches or not. You might try changing these to both to 1 to see if the problem goes away. BEWARE, confirmation is done by TIME when these are set to 1 so you may need to program a dwell to allow enough time to clamp.

Stinkfisst Guest
    Hey dcoupar sorry I have not replied with any results i have not had a chance to use this machine as of late I appreciate the help so far. I had been thinking when I programmed to use the sub spindle I put a P99 in the same line looked like this

G31P99B-17.F2.

I'm wondering if maybe having P99 may have something to do with it I will look up the keep relays numbers and tell you what they are tomorrow. i actually have a question with keep relays on the screen it looks like this

K00 00100010
    K01 00000100

etc. etc. this is just and example but when they talk of changing the keep relays 7.6 or 5.2 which ever relay it may be does the the .2 mean the 2nd zero .6 means the 6th zero etc. etc. I was a little confused at this and would hate to go change the wrong one and have the machine crash or do something unexpected I'm pretty sure there are 8 integers for each relay i just was not sure if they number them 1 to 8 or 0 to 7, the reason I ask this is because in the manual some keep relays say change 4.0 for example I'm just a little confused maybe you could help me clear things up. Thanks very much I will give you more info tomorrow.

Keep relays are numbered just like other Fanuc "bit" parameters. 76543210

In your case:

K0 76543210
    K0 00100010

K0.5 = 1
    K0.1 = 1

So K7.6 and 7.7 are the 2 left-most bits on Keep Relay 7