587,281 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pathpilot froze mid part.

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. I was machining a part and about 5 minutes into the program, the machine just stopped, spindle, feed and coolant. Mouse and keyboard were not responding, the screen was just frozen. I let it sit a bit and it just stayed there. I have run this machine for a few hours total since i got it.

I am hoping it is not an issue I should be worried about with this controller.

Quick edit: I have run hundreds of hours of parts on an older 1100 and have never had this happen.

Re: Pathpilot froze mid part.

Quote Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
    Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. I was machining a part and about 5 minutes into the program, the machine just stopped, spindle, feed and coolant. Mouse and keyboard were not responding, the screen was just frozen. I let it sit a bit and it just stayed there. I have run this machine for a few hours total since i got it.

I am hoping it is not an issue I should be worried about with this controller.

Quick edit: I have run hundreds of hours of parts on an older 1100 and have never had this happen.
    As a first guess, it sounds like a hardware issue with the PC

Re: Pathpilot froze mid part.

Quote Originally Posted by PCW_MESA View Post
    As a first guess, it sounds like a hardware issue with the PC
    I emailed Tormach and was told they never heard of this happening. I t was being quirky for a bit. I restarted the whole machine, let it sit like 10 minutes, power off and it did it 3 times in a row, and once while I was just moving the cursor and hadn't even loaded the program.

Not doing it anymore but since I have an extra controller they sent by accident that I am waiting in a return tag on, I was told to just swap for the new one and send this one and not change anything. I am leaving it as I had it and sending it back they really want to go through it as is. So that's good.