I have attached a Jpeg. If the polarity is such on the first figure at the Load 1, am I correct to assume how the polarity is when you add Load 2?

I am asking this because I have a negative(COM) connection coming out of a PLC that goes to the robot. It is a handshake signal that tells the robot to come and get a part. I am trying to put a 2 wire prox switch in series with it to stop the robot from getting the part unless there is a part present at the switch. The switch has a LED on it.

This got me to thinking. If this switch is in series with a negative -24 VDC wire how can it light up unless there is a negative and positive connection? I know this is elementary electronics question but I normally just replace parts not design them. The only way I can think this works is if my diagram is correct when adding L2 or Load 2.

Finally, the PDf spec sheet for this switch says its load current is 0-100Ma.

AK1-A0-2H Products

So does that mean I can run this switch in series before a photo sensor that is rated at an Output Max of 250Ma? Or does load current mean thats the 2 wire switches current consumption? If so what in the specs sheet tells me that is can handle other devices in series with it that draw more than 100Ma of current?