587,349 active members*
3,218 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Plasma 'tabbing' software recommendations?

Plasma 'tabbing' software recommendations?

Trying to find _some_ type of CAD software that will help me with adding 'tabs' to sign layouts..
    basically for making signs , both internal and external text [meaning text cut out, or the reverse, text left and back cut out]..
    perhaps tabs may not be the correct term, what I was looking for was a CAD package [preferably under $300 if possible], to generate the support tabs to keep the letters from falling out..
    I've been doing it by hand with an older copy of Autocad, adding random support ribs in, but there should be some easier way?? I hope..??
    TIA..

Yep! Use the Trim command in CorelDraw in the letters that need the connectors. I just draw a small rectangle, lay it across the area where I need the connector, and hit the Trim and it makes the connector (like to the center of the "A" so you get a stencil effect. Sounds like a lot of hassle for each sign but not all letters need it and it only takes a few seconds once you learn the proceedure.

You can find stencil typestyles but most of them belong on the end of an ammo box (:-0

If you want to do decorative cutting don't look for a "CAD" program. Handling things like wrapping text and doing vector clipart import is SOOO much easier with a drawing/illustration package like CorelDraw!

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com