587,404 active members*
3,260 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Motors jog backwards; setting home

Hi!
    I am just getting my machine set up. When I am in Mach3 and I use the arrow keys to jog the motors, hitting left goes right, hitting up goes down, etc. Any ideas?

I also am waiting on my limit stops so I can auto home, but in the meantime I am having a difficult time figuring out how to home everything. I thought I could do it by setting the REF button (which resets everything to 0.00) but when I run my Hello World the motors try to spin further than they need tom and I have to hit the reset button to stop the machine from trying to move beyond its limits. I built the file to be 6" wide, and I am using a Shapeoko basic kit, which has a workspace of 8" x 8". I just don't know what the heck I am doing wrong.

My setup is the Shapeoko mechanical kit, 76oz Nema 17 motors, and the TB6560 blue 3 axis board.

Thanks
    Kim

Are the DROs reflecting the correct directions? That is, when your spindle's going down, are the Z values getting smaller? If that's the case, then it's just a matter of resetting the "hot keys" in Mach3. If the motors are really going backwards (the Z values are increasing when the spindle's moving downwards) then you need to go into Config/ports and pins/motor outputs and change the direction bits from "low active" to "high active" (or the other way around).

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com