588,033 active members*
5,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Trying to input tool info

I'm a noob sorry...

Ok so when trying to load my first 1/4 end mill and set tool offset.... I save general info in tool page, Tool #1 name and 1.000 height and it saved fine.
    So then i click on "set tool offset" under gage block height to input the "0.005" for my detection piece... when i then click on the tool number block to input tool 1
    the gage block info goes back to 0.000. I have tried this multiple times and in the reverse order choosing (or typing) 1 in tool # box first then gage block and the same happens.

I am on a demo version but it doesn't say you can't save tools so why is this happening?

Re: Trying to input tool info

Quote Originally Posted by keiths View Post
    I'm a noob sorry...

Ok so when trying to load my first 1/4 end mill and set tool offset.... I save general info in tool page, Tool #1 name and 1.000 height and it saved fine.
    So then i click on "set tool offset" under gage block height to input the "0.005" for my detection piece... when i then click on the tool number block to input tool 1
    the gage block info goes back to 0.000. I have tried this multiple times and in the reverse order choosing (or typing) 1 in tool # box first then gage block and the same happens.

I am on a demo version but it doesn't say you can't save tools so why is this happening?
    UPDATE: So my dumb ass was thinking type it in click anywhere and it saves.... NO again im a noob... hit the ENTER key dumbass...