587,180 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco KM3 3 phase to single phase conversion

Hurco KM3 3 phase to single phase conversion

Hi, I have Hurco KM3 and I wish to convert it to single phase.

At the moment I have chosen the VFD route, utilise the servo side of the machine to single phase and use the VFD to run the 3 Horsepower spindle.

Has anyone gone down this route, and any advise on this or different options

thanks for any help on this subject

macdave

Re: Hurco KM3 3 phase to single phase conversion

Ok, where I am currently,

I have connected single phase 240V to L1 Line in and Neutral 0V to L2 Line in and ignored L3 as it is connected to the 3 phase spindle and flood coolant which is 3 phase. The control has booted up but when I get to the Power on there is no flashing light and I cannot calibrate the machine.

Any ideas anyone, thank you.

Hi,
    I rather suspect that there is an interlock that prevents the control from operating until the three phase components are properly powered.
    It could be something like a phase rotation/phase missing relay. The affirmative output of that relay is required before the control will complete its boot up.

Craig

Hi Craig,

thank you for that, ill see if I can find a drawing showing relay connections from the spindle. I had disconnected the spindle and the coolant pump, both 3 phase, from the relays to try and bypass that. From your thoughts I made need to put a feed to a relay that would normally come from the circuit of the spindle. I presume you looked at the wiring schematic above and couldn't see any thing that might do that.

Dave