587,940 active members*
3,047 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach Mill > installed new pci parrallel card in xp machine can't get db25 port to work

Question installed new pci parrallel card in xp machine can't get db25 port to work

Does anyone have any experience on installing a pci to parallel port as to the addresses I should be using, I have tried multiple things and can't figure out how to determine what address to select to allow mach to control the parallel port. testing directions for pins 3 x, 4 y, 5 z with no change in voltage to ground 3.3volts tried combinations of many things does anyone know what the address is when needing to add your own card or where to find it on xp. I installed the driver for this and xp seems to like it. can't find any address that seems similar to the defaults for machs parallel 1 and 2 addresses in xp parallel port info. any help appreciated Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fisvii77 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience on installing a pci to parallel port as to the addresses I should be using, I have tried multiple things and can't figure out how to determine what address to select to allow mach to control the parallel port. testing directions for pins 3 x, 4 y, 5 z with no change in voltage to ground 3.3volts tried combinations of many things does anyone know what the address is when needing to add your own card or where to find it on xp. I installed the driver for this and xp seems to like it. can't find any address that seems similar to the defaults for machs parallel 1 and 2 addresses in xp parallel port info. any help appreciated Mike
    Mike,

Take a look in the device manager under "Ports"

See attached image:

The first listed I/O Range is what you will need to use.

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Device.jpg   Device.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Thanks jeff, got it changing states now, just need to find out if 3.3volts is going to be sufficient to drive the breakout board