587,468 active members*
3,573 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Removing a Gecko

OK, I have no doubt that this is going to turn out to be a dumb question...

How do I remove a Gecko from a plate it's been screwed onto? Take a look at the attached photo - the screws at the back of the Gecko are accessible, but there's no way to get at the ones at the front (they're covered by the block that takes the wires).

Anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gecko.jpg  

I don't own a Gecko, but I do believe the terminal block is removable from the drive. I think it lifts straight up off of it's PC board pins. That makes it easy to swap a drive because you don't have to unwire the terminal block.

Brian

Hi

Drawbar is correct, the terminal block just slides up off the connecting pins.

Andy

Many thanks guys. I'd suspected that might be the case, but the one I was trying to remove was in an awkward position and the block felt pretty stiff (I didn't want to force it, given I wasn't totally certain).

Sure enough though - it's taken quite a bit of force to remove, but it's done.

Now I'd like to work out why the FAULT light is always on...

On my "original" geckos (wiring block fixed and not removable), I made the bottom screws a "sliding" fit and locked everyting down with the top screws.

Bubba
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)