587,600 active members*
4,236 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Series OT Reset and offset parameters

Series OT Reset and offset parameters

We have an older Daewoo lathe that we just picked up and are rebuilding.. It has come to our attention that when the reset button is pushed, the only thing it cancels is the feed. What parameter do I have to change for it to cancel the feed, spindle, coolant, etc. ?

Also, it looks like when the offsets will be entered into the machine, they are backwards from what all our other lathes are. How can I reverse this? X+ to X- , Z+ to Z- or vice versa.

I read through the parameter list in our O series book, but I didn't see anything like the above.

Thanks in advance
    Just when you thought you had it all figured out, all hell breaks loose..

What model lathe? Control (0T-A, B, C, D, etc.)?
    Does it have a tool-setting probe (Q-setter)? And are you using it?
    When you "home" the machine what do the X and Z machine positions read?

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    What model lathe? Control (0T-A, B, C, D, etc.)?
    Does it have a tool-setting probe (Q-setter)? And are you using it?
    When you "home" the machine what do the X and Z machine positions read?

Im going to guess that its a B.. There is a -B4 when you first power up the machine.

There is no presetter.

The numbers are positive when you home it out.

You didn't say what model machine, but here's some things to check. On a 0T-C (I don't have a B manual), prm #0045 bit 6 is CLER. 1=Clear when RESET is pressed, 0=Reset.

I would guess that your other machines show X0 Z0 when you home them, so the offsets are negative numbers. If this is the case, I beleve prm 0708(PRSX) and 0709(PRSZ) on the Daewoo should contain metric equivalents of the machine position when you zero return. Write the current values down so you can put them back in if I'm wrong, and change them to 0.

It's a Daewoo Puma 12 , with an OT controller.. Not sure what series, I'm thinking B but could be wrong.

I looked at param 45, and nothing is in there so I dont think thats the correct parameter.

Also 708/709 params don't exist, They might be hidden.. I didn't go into write mode on the list.

Thanks for your help tho. We do have a couple books coming for the machine, so hopefully the parameters are listed in there.

Those parameter numbers were from a 0T-C/D parameter manual. Looks like yours is earlier and I don't have anything on that... sorry. You might page through your parameters to see if you find anything that's a metric equivalent of your "home" position.

Fanuc 0 type

Both Fanuc 0TA and 0TB's have large (maybe 19") wide mother boards with black power supplies attached to the right side. 0TC's and D's are taller than wide. They should have a tag somewhere near the edge with an A02B-????-???? part number and the model.
    If that doesn't work, post the part number of the largest board on the CNC and I'll try to look it up.

Warren
    www.uptimecorp.com