587,770 active members*
3,599 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Newbie Help

Newbie Help

Hi Guys
    I am new to mastercam, I have previously used onecnc 2d mill, but have downloaded the education version of mastercam and have subscribed to streaming teacher to try and learn.
    However what I am trying to do (and I keep stuffing it up with no idea what i am actually doing) is to draw a solid with a rectangle 29mm x 50 mm at z 0 and a circle of 55mm diameter at z50, and join them up.
    I am using loft, not sure if this is even correct, i keep getting either twisted shapes or the circle joined to a point, obviously i am doing something very basic wrong, I have looked through every video on streaming teacher and cant see how to do it.
    Any help would be appreciated.

If you want to create surfaces you can try this. Create your rectangle and your circle as stated above. Then draw a single line between them so that it's 90^ to each of them. Then use the Swept Surface command. In that command select the option to follow Two Rails. Choose the single line as your across element. Then choose the rectangle and circle as the along elements.

The reason it is twisted is that the start of each chain do not lie on the same plane or "syncronised"

- create a horizontal line from the arc centre and break each entity which crosses it,

- now create your solid swept by chaining the entites from the break points both going in the same direction

Thanks

Thanks Guys. I have it sorted now.

Hi Guys
    Im new to mastercam x i have a 2 axis cnc lathe like a normal lathe were my spindle is at the right hand side and my toolpost at the front of me but i dont know which Machine Group to use or postprocessor to use
    Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Guys
    Im new to mastercam x i have a 2 axis cnc lathe like a normal lathe were my spindle is at the right hand side and my toolpost at the front of me but i dont know which Machine Group to use or postprocessor to use
    Any help would be appreciated.my emial [email protected]