587,651 active members*
3,475 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SheetCam > Post Processor Files > router postprocessor for a waterjet?

Question router postprocessor for a waterjet?

we currently seem to have a postprocessor that thinks it's running a router, rather than a waterjet table - it works fine, except for the fact that it only turns the head on and off once, but remains on through the whole operation

how do we know what postprocessor we need, and how do we get it?

nobody? any help is appreciated, even if it's just a guess for something to try

Quote Originally Posted by donutguy640 View Post
    nobody? any help is appreciated, even if it's just a guess for something to try
    Hi. Sorry for the delay. Mine is not an answer but rather a suggestion.
    I suppose you are using Sheetcam and in this case you are luck because the source code of the postprocessor is easily readible and you can change it.

Basically you need to modifiy your postprocessor a little in order to add the logic of tool management.

If you current postprocessor turn the cutting head on (and leave it in this state) you will need to find in your post code the point where the the toolpath is ended and set there a "spindle off" command. Obviously I don't know which is the syntax used by sheetcam but I read that its post are LUA programs and LUA is a pretty easy language to learn.

All the best.
    Sandro

PS: please ignore my English errors. It's not my mother language.

WaterJet post

Several years ago I edited (created) a SheetCam post for my WaterJet. It is powered by Mach3, originally an Igersoll Rand.

It is far from perfect, it thinks it's a Plasma torch, I never did figure out how to change the text string to "WaterJet".

Please use EXTREME caution if you decide to try it. You know the dangers involved here...

I attempted to upload the .post file to this forum entry.