587,481 active members*
2,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

I have the following problem. I have a machine head as a Tebis cad file and have to change into a head file somehow.

Or can I upload the cad file as a head?
    Can anybody help me out?

Best regards
    domme

Hello

You can rename the cad file in .hd and transfer it over Import into the machine library
    Then you have to process the head ( right mouse click onto machine head) and divide the surfaces and curves into Layer 0 ( A or B axis) and layer 1 ( C axis).
    Furthermore the swivel axis, axes etc (feature head 1.axis/2.axis/general) have to be defined.

Regards
    <!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Bis dann, evolve</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br />---------------------------------------------<br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Stillstand ist der Tod<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Have you divided the surfaces and curves into layer 0 and 1 ( in the cad file) BEFORE or AFTER the import?

I would do it beforehand. You can push the axis also directly into the particular layer.

Although I don’t know if you have to especially select the axes with the V3.5.

The surfaces have to into the OFF and the curves in ON because of the display of shaded and wire net.

Regards
    <!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Bis dann, evolve</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br />---------------------------------------------<br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Stillstand ist der Tod<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I would create a new head in the library, and then go to processing in order to import the head construction with GET CAD. As the HD file is an exported head where also the configuration for travel range and axis descriptions are included, you might face problems when you just rename the CAD file in HD as these information are missing!!!!
    You don’t necessary have to separate the layer as the elements are selected separately anyway but it would help you keep it clear.

I have the surfaces in ON , the curves are not in there. With the wire net display, only the iso-parameter of the surfaces will be displayed.

If you want a self defined wire frame view then you need to place the curves in ON and surfaces in OFF exactly like Evolve said.

Regards Andi
    <br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro--><b>Alle sagten: Es geht nicht &#33;&#33;<br />Dann kam einer der dies nicht wusste, und tat es</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Tebis: CAM Programierung, Datenbank Verwaltung, PP-Programmierung, System Administration<br /><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->Heidenhain: iTNC530 Anwender, Cycle-Design, Kinematic Design, und sonstige PLC Spielereien . . . .<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><br /><br />