587,112 active members*
3,836 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MultiCam - 22 Problems

First, let me say I'm new to this forum. So, sorry if I do something stupid.

I have a MultiCam-22, with a Perske 2 hp spindle,which I purchased new in 1995. My machine is 220 single phase. To date, I have been able to do my own simple maintenance. (Change stepper motors, fuses, replace wiring, etc.)

My problem is this:

When I tried to run a DNC file, the Perske motor would not come on automatically and it's "Z" path acted flakey when the program ran. It plunged further than it should have at the start of each cut.

After some basic troubleshooting, I found that the VS Mini unit that controls the spindle was not getting power. After resetting the button in the control cabnet for that circuit, the unit came on but the "Run" light on the unit blinked and the trouble lights for each info light came on then off in order around unit. When I truned the MultiCam-22 off the breaker poped again.

The unit is a CIMR-XCBD21P5. My question, in your opinion, is this what I need to send in and have repaired. On the net, it looks like about $375 to repair. If this is my problem, any suggestion on who is best to send it to?

Thanks in advance

similar units found in ebay

i searched for vs mini on ebay, have a look there
    Im not sure if you can use them but i found a few vs mini units on ebay some cheaper than the repair cost.

i have a multicam mt22 with 2 perske spindles on it myself