587,231 active members*
4,800 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CRP4848 versus FLA300

Good morning guys, I am new to this forum but also ready to get serious about building my first cnc router. I think iv'e narrowed it down to 2 machines, the CRP4848 or FLA300. I notice that they are similar but also very different. Does anyone have comparisons on the 2, pro's cons etc. Also the motor sizes, are there any advantages going to the bigger 34 size. This is for a home shop.

thx
    Lambeater

You might want to check this thread. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...utomation.html
    Bob

"Bad decisions make good stories."

I think CNCRP has shipped out of country. Not sure about FLA. They don't seem to be online too often anymore.

The CNCRP machine is rack and pinion on the x and y and FLA I *think* is screw driven on x and y. I went from a screw drive to a rack and pinion machine and was much happier.

Sean
    www.FreeCNCPlans.com

I have a FLA-100 machine I bought a kit and all the electronics and Mach3 I got it all for a good price. I have had no problems with the machine it went together very easy and is solid. Now they lack in customer service it is hard to get Nate to respond other than that he puts out a good product. The CRP4848 made by CNC Router parts is a excellent choice a very good machine you will not go wrong there and there customer service is great second to none Ahren is a good guy if you have a question he is right there to answer you. Hope this helps...

Lou
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

fla-300

We are building an FLA-300. First, it is R an P on the x and y and lead screw on the z. It is a well built kit but you will have a very difficult time getting Nathan to respond to your inquirys. Don't know why but everybody says he is just too buzy and has poor people skills. Whatever.
    We had a few minor problems with the kit but nothing insurmountable. If you are looking for good support, go elsewhere.
    Bruce