587,613 active members*
3,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

looking to build my first CNC

I got a set of plans from PDJ. I will say i sure most of you know more then me about this i was happy with what I payed for. Now saying that I want to build a 4'x'8 version of the machine. I guess I'm lost as where to start. The little bit of reading I have done on the forum the 80/20 looks like it would be a winner for using as a base instead of MDF. Has anyone built one of these from the plans? I also did not find a intro forum so I posted it up here. if anyone can point me to a thread that would be helpful that would be great. I look forward to learning a lot from here. Many thanks in advance
    Gary

You should also check out CNCrouterparts.com

Thanks for the link. I like the rack and pinon system they are have seems liek ti would be better for the size table i want to build..

I read somewhere that screw drives tend to distort if they get too long and may not be suitable for a large table. I recently built a CRP 4x5 table and I'm very happy with the speed and structure of the rack system.

I will have to look at the plans I have to see if I can make it happen with the rack system. Seems to be a stronger way to go. But i have not seen anyone who has built from the plans I bought.