587,675 active members*
3,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New Catagory Needed?

I am currently having trouble with wiring my limit switches to, and from, a breakout board. This area of cnc, electonics/electrics, is a very big dark hole for me. So, I thought what if this forum had an area where members could post generalized solutions to some of these problems. I think there are some members that would benifit greatly from this. So, in closing what do the moderator think, could this be done. I currently need a diagram to get from my control box to the breakout board and then to my computer. Anybody have one? Oh, and a picture would sure help too .
    I have Geko 201's and a cnc4pc parallel port interface card.

Cool Check out Ynneb's Gecko thread (link below)

SPEEDRE,

Ynneb's thread has almost everything you want to know about Gecko wiring, limit & home switch wiring, heat sinks, etc. Here's the link on the CNCzone:

Gecko drive easy to understand schematic ( Need Help)

Make sure you take a good look at the attachment for post #29 (CJL5585 - Jerry) which has "a complete schematic of power supply, breakout board, G320's, encoders, and parallel port. Schematic is 50 K and is in .pdf."

I hope this gets you pointed in the right direction,

HayTay

Thanks Harry, this is just what I needed to complete my setup. Very helpfull advice.

Y'elcome!

(My daughterism for "your welcome". Bet'cha can't tell she's from North Carolina )

I'm glad I could give you a jump start. Kudo's to Ynneb and the rest of the gang (group) for the original thread.

SPEEDRE, have you got any pic's of your creation? We'd all like ta see 'em.

HayTay