588,061 active members*
4,991 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Arc slowdown %

i was just wondering what other people have their arc slowdown percentage set at, its in the tool select menu under the speed and feed, i have always just left it at 100%, just wondering what the effects would be if i change it

Quote Originally Posted by kawman View Post
    i was just wondering what other people have their arc slowdown percentage set at, its in the tool select menu under the speed and feed, i have always just left it at 100%, just wondering what the effects would be if i change it
    Tight radiuses is where that really is useful.Lot of different circumstances determine what to set at.There is nos set rule,it's kinda of one of those things the more experience at machining you gain you'll know what to do.Sorry if that is a broad answer,but really there are soo many variables,but if the radiu is somewhat tight on the part compared to the tool size try setting at 60 or 70 and see the results.Alot of times slowing down feed at corners and radiuses will eliminate chatter and will eliminate chip cloggin flutes and help with tool flex at bottom of cut if doing a cut that has a deep DOC.And I beleive on some machines the computer needs time to read arc segments and such on smaller less expensive machines,but what I just said somebody needs to chime in on because I don't know if what I heard is fact or fiction,I got a somewhat large commercial machine.

ok thanks for the info