587,997 active members*
3,628 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

COMPLETE BACKUP OF MACH3?

Since installing and using my machine for almost 2 years now I have tweaked all kinds of settings to get my machine tuned. I have changed all sorts of things in the configuration to editing button scripts. What is the most complete method to backup all of these changes in case of a hard drive crash besides the standard XML file.

Thanks
    Scott

mach3 does an autobackup in its own folder, for a complete backup just copy the entire folder, then on the new machine reinstall mach3 from the installation file from machsupport.com and then copy the backup over the fresh installation.

Pablo
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Or you might use one of the "drive image" programs that are out there. I personally use Acronis. This makes an image of the complete drive and then can be put back in place on a new drive and as a benefit, it also saves the operating system. Saved my sorry butt a couple of times!
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Re: COMPLETE BACKUP OF MACH3?

Quote Originally Posted by PEU View Post
    mach3 does an autobackup in its own folder, for a complete backup just copy the entire folder, then on the new machine reinstall mach3 from the installation file from machsupport.com and then copy the backup over the fresh installation.

Pablo
    Does this undo any updates that were made to Mach like bug fixes, etc? I need to update, but like sutton, i have button scripts, xmls, screens, macros, etc, and i want to make sure i dont forget anything, but i dont want to copy any old buggy files back to the new fixed update.