587,125 active members*
5,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Box/Finger Joint Beta now Available

Box/Finger Joint Beta now Available

This project was posted and discussed earlier here but then moved to the appropriate (but obscure) woodworking forum location. Nevertheless I thought I post this link here since I now have a usable Beta version for folks who want to try it out. Obviously it may still contain bugs (or it would not be a Beta) but I think it is good enough for testing now. I will collect beta feedback until mid August and plan to post the final version on my web site after all known bugs are squished. When you try the beta PLEASE read the user guide.....

More pics are in my machine build log post# 464 and 466

Box Joint and Dovetail CAM software here: WWW.TAILMAKER.NET

Re: Box/Finger Joint Beta now Available

Sorry double post

Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

All of the links on this page take me to an ad for Kelly Blue book. I have the demo of tailmaker. It does not indicate that it is a beta and it sells for $45.00.
    I see no link on Tailmaker site for a beta download.

Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallchobhair View Post
    All of the links on this page take me to an ad for Kelly Blue book. I have the demo of tailmaker. It does not indicate that it is a beta and it sells for $45.00.
    I see no link on Tailmaker site for a beta download.

Don
    Hello Don, the Bluebooks links are these red CNC-Zone info-links that they use to pay for this web site. They are not mine. You must click the large blue "Beta version" link.

This is actually a beta/demo of a new piece of software, very different from the Tailmaker. It is for completely flat machined finger joints to be cut with a ballnose bit. As a demo it is still somewhat limited in functionality but can do some typical things like simple drawers and boxes.
    Box Joint and Dovetail CAM software here: WWW.TAILMAKER.NET

OK . The blue link on my IPad does nothing. I will try later on my main computer.

Don