587,462 active members*
3,237 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for a dxf/dwg

of 8020 (3030) end view with CRS attached and one of the cncrouterparts.com carriages. I was going to start a new drawing but maybe some one on here has one they would share. The same in 1530 would work to.

Thanks for the help.

Go to 80/20® Inc. - The Industrial Erector Set� and follow link to 3D Parts Stream

George

CNCRP has DXFs of most of his mechanical parts, I didn't know if you need the extended or regular, but they are both here:

CNCRP Mechanical Components LINK

These are Sketchup Files [.skp] aluminum & extrusions - Google 3D Warehouse Search,

but can be exported out of Sketchup as dxf file with use of Download DXF Export for SketchUp - AutoCAD DXF file export plug-in for SketchUp

You might also look here for a translator [skp => dxf or dwf]
    3D Modeling Software - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Thanks everyone. I'm ok at ACAD, I can make a line and join it to another. Has anyone noticed the dxf drawings provided by CNCRP are not to scale? I was able to locate and use some ACAD drawings for the 8020 parts but I would like to be 100% sure on the CNCRP drawings which I'm not. On the CNCRP drawings there are 2 weird lines which I'm not sure what they signify. Even when I have the part scaled to where I think it should be (length = 8.5”) the distance between the bearings should be .25 or there about but I measure .2100.
    Attached is the end view I’m after, circled in red are the lines I’m not sure of. I understand one bearing moves and I can fix the drawing to where I THINK they should be but will it be 100%?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cncrp_carriage.jpg  

I think that squiggly line is supposed to be a split lockwasher. You're right as far as moving a bearing since it rides on a slot. That drawing also shows button head cap screws, but actually hex bolts are used.

Attached is a partial view to help you out. I didn't include the whole thing because I changed the lengths of some of the extrusions and it would throw you off if you copied mine exactly. (I didn't bother modeling the lockwasher and bolt on the carriages)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Lurker View Post
    I think that squiggly line is supposed to be a split lockwasher. You're right as far as moving a bearing since it rides on a slot. That drawing also shows button head cap screws, but actually hex bolts are used.

Attached is a partial view to help you out. I didn't include the whole thing because I changed the lengths of some of the extrusions and it would throw you off if you copied mine exactly. (I didn't bother modeling the lockwasher and bolt on the carriages)
    All 16 that I am using have the original button head screws. Going to hex head screws doesn't look as good, but they have two advantages in that the screw cost is probably a few cents less for each screw, and the hex head is easier to get a wrench onto for adjustments.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Thanks Lurker, I think your drawings will work.

Quote Originally Posted by CarveOne View Post
    All 16 that I am using have the original button head screws. Going to hex head screws doesn't look as good, but they have two advantages in that the screw cost is probably a few cents less for each screw, and the hex head is easier to get a wrench onto for adjustments.

CarveOne
    Sorry, I thought they changed them and didn't update the plans since I got the hardware kit from Fine Line Automation for the FLA 3ft x 4ft table and it had hex head bolts. He may have used the hex heads to save cost and make it a bit more affordable.

Are you kidding me??? These are available somewhere on line?

I spent a 'lot' of time making those profiles from scratch in illustrator....
    :tired:

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Lurker View Post
    Sorry, I thought they changed them and didn't update the plans since I got the hardware kit from Fine Line Automation for the FLA 3ft x 4ft table and it had hex head bolts. He may have used the hex heads to save cost and make it a bit more affordable.

Actually, I double checked this morning and my big machine's 8 carriages have the button head socket screws and my current build has 8 carriages with hex head bolts. So, I was only half lying.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com