587,226 active members*
3,066 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Solidcam Highspeed code?

Hi guys! I'm trying to convince my boss to buy Solidworks/CAM. We currently use a CHEAP CAD/CAM program that requires about 30 mins of hand editing on each program. Mainly reassigning the proper tool number.

I have 10 parts coming up that are 2X4X70 A36 that requires a slot 60 inches long and 1WX1.98 deep. (About 11 hours of cutting each). The end result is a "U" shape 4 inches tall and 2 inches wide with a 1.98 slot down the middle.
    Can anyone post a code that will impress my boss enough to buy SWCAM? All I need is a test part about 5 inches long. The part will be run on a 1997 Haas VF3.
    Thanks for your help guys.

Cool

best in class.......SolidCam ...do it !..enjoy:P

Here is a program for grooving one of our lug bars and spot drilling the mounting holes.

We use SolidCam and Solidworks. In Solidworks we have a standard part which we modify with new dimensions. Them we import into SolidCam and use a standard tool process template. It takes about 5-7 minutes from the time the drawing gets here to the time we put the post on our server.

This output is for a viper mill and the output is as it comes out of SolidCam.

Yes we edited the post to match our standards, but it is easy to do by SolidCam or yourself.

GDG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks gabert. I'll try the coed at work next week. (That typo should be "code" but I left it because of the dirty mind you have!!)

Here's a sldprt of what I'm trying to do on a small scale. The actual part is 70" or so.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That should be no problem. The tool info, feeds, speeds and other ramp data is set up in your process template. All you have to do is define the geometry from you model and tell it to generate the G code. This is all done inside of SolidWorks, no need to go to a different program. Also if you change the model dimension you can sync the model in SolidCam and regenerate your new G code with any new input, just a couple of clicks.

GDG